That’s right ladies and gentlemen, we are doing a New Year Resolutions post! Follow along in our series as we show you bits and pieces of our lives and who we are in our Mommy & Lifestyle Blog Collab. This month Katie, Tracy and I are joined by Dara and Jamie.
Each New Year seems to bring with it hope of revitalization and renewal of ourselves whether it be mentally, spiritually, physically or all of these aspects. Some of the more common “goals” seem to be to lose weight, quit smoking, eat healthier, quit sugar, read more, spend more time with the family, etc. Usually by the end of January most people have quit their New Year’s resolutions.
I am no exception! For the last few years we have sat down as a family to write out our personal and family resolutions. Each year a few of our goals are met but for the most part we have forgotten or lacked in one way or another. This year I have chosen a different approach. First AJ and I sat down and discussed things we want to improve upon as a couple and as parents.
- planning out Family Home Evening (FHE) for each quarter
- consistently saying prayers and reading scriptures as a family each night
- say yes more often
- slower to anger
- focus more on the whos than the whats
Some of my personal resolutions are linked to my 40 by 40 goals.
- continue working out to get into better shape and a healthier weight (my ultimate goal is currently 175 lbs but I will see how my body shapes out as I get closer)
- participate in and finish my first Spartan race
- read scriptures daily in my personal study
- find and make more “me” time
- make memories instead of stressing about cleaning
- including more whole foods with meals (yep means more meal planning)
- get pregnant – yes I said it, now hopefully it will manifest!
- read more! in addition to spiritual enlightenment I want to read one self-improvement and one novel per month… realistically it’ll probably be once a quarter…
- be able to interpret for ASL
I really am looking forward to finishing a Spartan race this year. Most of the time I am elated and can hardly wait… other times the thought terrifies me. I look back over the last year and realize I have become stronger and may be able to handle it. This incoming year shows much promise and room for growth. Whatever 2017 might hold I am waiting with open arms to embrace my future!
Tell me some of your resolutions or goals for 2017. What are you focusing on this year? Do you make New Year’s goals?