I had a reality check moment the other day. I was filling out a survey and I had to select which age group I belong in. My age wasn’t in my normal bracket, I had to check the next box! Oh man, only 5 more years until I’m officially in my 40s!!
Which reminds me, how is my progress on my 40 by 40 goals? What?! I have not been putting a great effort into my completing my list. Sure, one here and there have been accomplished. The point of creating the list was to have life experiences. Let’s take a look at the goals and my progress. If you see something on my list you can help me with, please let me know!
1. Get to a healthy body/lifestyle. I am still a work in progress. I have reached my pre-pregnancy weight from Baby K.
2. Complete our family. Still no news on this front.
3. Run and complete 5k. Done in combination with #4.
4. Complete a MudRun/FunRun/WarriorDash race. DONE. I “ran” an Insane Inflatable 5k a few months ago.
5. Go on a cruise.
6. Visit at least 1/3 of the LDS temples, in America.
7. Be free of unsecured debt and have rainy day fund built up comfortably.
8. Travel to Jerusalem.
9. Read all Jane Austin’s novels.
10. Go sky diving, at least once.
11. Go to a major league sports game with AJ.
12. Go to a movie alone.
13. Go camping with just the husband.
14. Visit the beach/ocean/shore on the East Coast. We visited the Chesapeake Bay last month, walking on the beaches there, water from the Atlantic…
15. Attend a show on Broadway. Does Rockettes count?
16. Go to a concert in a park.
17. Write a letter to myself to read in 10 years.
18. Go scuba diving.
19. Learn a foreign language, fluently.
20. ID and permanently remove a bad habit. Bad habit TBD.
21. Visit and help out at a food kitchen.
22. Go to a mystery dinner.
23. Learn to crochet.
24. Organize all my old pictures and put them with my new ones into albums/scrapbooks.
25. Take a dance class.
26. Actually make at least half the crafts on my Pinterest craft board.
27. Send notes/cards for every birthday, anniversary and event during one year for all my close friends and family.
28. Randomly send 12 “just because” gifts to unsuspecting friends/family members.
29. Donate my hair. DONE
30. Learn how to play the guitar.
31. Learn and be fluent in ASL. In progress
32. Take a weekend trip to Vermont during the fall.
33. Go rafting and/or canoeing down the Delaware River.
34. Hike part of the Appalachian trail.
35. Be more self-reliant on fixing my car.
36. Really learn how to sew on my sewing machine.
37. Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
38. Learn to surf, and do it.
39. Start a garden to grow own produce, and keep it up.
40. Take time out of my day, at least once a month to catch up with an old friend, via phone, visit or letter.