Happy holidays!! I love this time of year for baking. In a few weeks my counters will be covered by various cookies for gifts and cookie exchanges.
Wait, why keep it all in person? This year I am joining an online cookie exchange and sharing with you one of my favorite recipes.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ~1/2 c powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl mix together the first three ingredients. Add in eggs and vanilla. Continue mixing until smooth and shiny.
- In another bowl combine next three ingredients. Stir flour mix into cocoa mix with a wooden spoon only until smooth.
- Cover the door with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll spoon of dough into ball. Cover ball in powdered sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies and 12-14 minutes for larger cookies. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
These are the cookies I saved from the cookie monsters in order to take a picture for you. Seriously they were about half gone!
Don’t they look delicious? Please don’t try to eat your screen, these are only an image.
What are your favorite cookies to whip up for the holidays? I love trying new recipes, and you really can’t go wrong with cookies. For another delicious recipe, head on over to Katie’s blog and check out the recipe she’s sharing as well!